The 16th International Conference on Accelerator and Large Experimental Control Systems (ICALEPCS 2017) will take place at the “Palau de Congressos de Catalunya” in Barcelona, from the 8th to the 13th of October 2017 and will be hosted by the ALBA Synchrotron.
ICALEPCS facilitates fruitful collaborations among the world´s control system specialists from large scientific installations, such as particle accelerators, light sources, laser facilities, telescopes, tokamaks, etc. The series of ICALEPCS conferences started in 1987 in Villars-sur-Ollon (Switzerland), hosted by CERN. The conferences subsequently rotated between three major areas of the world: America (including North, Central and South America), Asia (including Oceania) and Europe (including Russia, the Near East and Africa). Over the years the conferences saw a growing number of participants, Institutes and countries.
ICALEPCS is a biennial series of conferences that is intended to:
- Provide a forum for the interchange of ideas and information between control system specialists working on large experimental physics facilities around the world(accelerators, particle detectors, fusion reactors, telescopes, etc.);
- Create an archival literature of developments and progress in this rapidly changing discipline;
- Promote, where practical, standardization in both hardware and software;
- Promote collaboration between laboratories, institutes and industry.
The conference consists of scientific program including keynote, invited and contributed talks and poster sessions covering the following areas:
- Experiment Control
- Safety and Machine Protection
- Software Technology Evolution
- User Interfaces and User Experience (UX)
- Project Status Reports
- Control System Upgrades
- Data Management and Processing
- Integrating Diverse Systems
- IT Infrastructure for Control Systems
- Feedback Control and Process Tuning
- Hardware Technology
- Timing and Synchronization
- Systems Engineering, Project Management and Collaborations
- Data Analytics
The International Advisory committee (ISAC) is chaired by Andy Götz (ESRF, The European Synchrotron, France) and counts 40 members distributed as follows: 17 from Europe/Africa, 12 from Americas and 11 Asia/Oceania.
The committee met once on May 30th and 31st 2016 to establish the themes and will meet again during the conference in October 2017. The program committee will be appointed during the following weeks and will meet about 5 months before the conference to finalize the scientific program.
Conference Chair: David Fernández
List of ICALEPCS conferences until today,
|1987||Villars sur Ollon||Switzerland||CERN|
|2003||Gyeongju||Korea||PAL, POSTEC, KSTAR|
|2013||San Francisco||USA||LLNL / NIF|